Frequently Asked Questions About New Roofs
A new roof is one of the best investments you can make on your home. However, as an expensive renovation, it can be an intimidating decision to make. There are a variety of factors to consider, from which material to use, to a roof’s expected lifespan. Fortunately, the experts at Feazel are here to help. We’ve compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions about new roofs, so you can make an informed decision. Learn more below!
Do I Need A New Roof?
A new roof is expensive, but putting off the replacement can be even more costly. Failing to replace your roof when necessary can add on thousands of dollars in additional home repair to an already expensive renovation. There are several signs to look for that indicate your roof is failing, such as:
- Wet spots, bowing, or discoloration on your ceiling, in crawl spaces, or in your attic
- Damaged, cracked or missing masonry around your chimney
- Damaged, curling, bucking, or missing shingles
- Blistering shingles
- Excess grit in your gutters
- Spongy or sagging areas on your roof
- Damaged, compromised/ or missing flashing
The first step to determining if a new roof is right for you and your home is a roof inspection from a professional company. And at Feazel, we offer them for free.
Should I Replace or Repair My Roof?
When it comes to a damaged roof, there are typically two options: You can repair the damaged areas, or fully replace the roof. What you choose to do will be determined by several factors, and each has benefits and drawbacks.
- Replacement- A total roof replacement means that your current roof will need to be completely redone. This will include a “tear off” of the existing structure, and a new roof will need to be installed. These prices will vary, depending on the materials you choose, the size of your home, and the style you decide on. It’s important to discuss all your options with your roofing contractor before proceeding.
- Repair/Recover- While this is the less labor-intensive choice, a roof repair is no small feat. The process involves repairing damaged areas to breathe new life into your existing roofing system. However, it is still costly, and you’ll get less life out of a repair than you will out of a complete roof replacement.
Does A Leaky Roof Mean I Need To Have It Replaced Completely?
A leak is never a good sign when it comes to the health of your roof, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you need to fully replace your roofing system. There is a wide range of reasons why your roof may be leaking, and not all of them warrant a replacement. Whether you need to replace your entire roof, or just repair an area of it can be determined by a roof inspection by a reputable roofing company like Feazel. The best way to fix roofing problems before they happen is to get a professional inspection completed once a year to recognize any potential problems before they start.
What Sort Of Roofing Options Are Available?
Roofing options are surprisingly varied, and can be customized with different colors, styles and materials depending on your preference.
How Long Will My New Roof Last?
Every roofing material has a lifespan, from shingles to slate. Typically, a professionally installed asphalt shingle roof will last about 20 years, depending on the installation, maintenance, and climate. At Feazel, our roofing specialists work hard to ensure you get the most out of your roof, so it will last longer and look great.
Feazel Inc. Roofing Repair And Replacement Experts
If you’re curious about your roof or are considering a repair or replacement, the first step is scheduling an inspection from the roofing professionals at Feazel. We have been providing top-tier roofing repair and replacement services to Ohio, Indiana, and North Carolina for over 30 years and can help you make an informed decision about what to do with your roof and home. Contact us today to learn more!